The Economics of a Christian Nation
The Workman is Worth His Wages
- The American economic experiment began in 1620 when the Pilgrims founded Plymouth Colony.
- The Pilgrims were Puritans/Separatists, who came to America to practice Christianity, free from the mandates of the Church of England.
- Those funding the expedition stipulated that all produce was placed in communal ownership.
- The first year their production was very low, contributing to the deaths during the first winter.
- The second year, each man cultivated his own land and the harvest was plentiful.
A Diagnosis of the Retreat & Return to a Godly America
- Betrayal of the Founders’ Vision for America
- The Secularization of Government & Society
- The Seduction of Socialism
- The Subtle Errors of Libertarianism
- The Christian Renewal of America
- A Roadmap to a Christian Nation
- Legislation for a Righteous Society
- A Contract with Christian America
Life in Relationship
- Life is for learning, and the lesson is Godliness
- The schoolyard and classroom is life and relationships
- We are here on in this creation to develop character and maturity by hiding the Word in our hearts
- By knowing His Word, we can know His Way
The Challenge of Life
- The challenge of life is resisting temptation, but the reward is the development of character.
- Avoid the ways of wickedness, discipline rebellion, and overcome evil with good.
His Word Lights the Way
- God gave the Words of the Bible to man through inspiration as they were moved by His Holy Spirit.
- His Words are True and they guide men in the ways of righteousness.
- God desires that man walk in His Way, and will cleanse and forgive those who accept the sacrifice of His Son.
Liberty Follows from the Love of His Law
- Those who have a heart for His law and His Way will see God and be in His presence.
- The test, challenge, trial and the process of life is living in right relationship with self, neighbor, and God.
- We express our love to God when we follow His law and Way in relationship to self and others.
- We have complete liberty to act within the boundaries of His Law.
- We deserve Freedom because we Follow His Way and Rightly Discern, Confront, and Punish Evil
God is Love
- God’s nature is love and He has created us in His image, in the hope of satisfying His desire for relationship.
- God only allows perfection in His presence, and He has given us a way to purification through Christ.
- He is the standard of perfection, and His Way is perfect.
- God and Man have different natures, but we can develop in His Way by choice, thought, speech, and action.
- Pushing against the hungers of the flesh and developing Godliness is the real process of life.
Incorporation of The Way of Christ
Into Government, Society, and Personal Life
Inequitable Distribution of Wealth
by Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 12/14/2008 4/5/2019 rev Summary: The formation of pockets of dynamic stability in turbulent flow provides an analogy and insights into to the macro & micro economic processes involved in the formation of stable pockets of inequitable...
Government, Banking, Free Market, and Money
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 6/12/2009 Because of their access to large quantities of money, the banking industry may have had an inordinate effect on the governmental-economic dynamic. With wealth, it is possible to stabilize and enhance one’s position in the market...
The Creature from Jekyll Island
The Creature from Jekyll Island (Transcript of YouTube Video) By: G. Edward Griffin Commentary by: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND July 15, 2009 GEG: The Federal Reserve System is a strange creature; it is easier to say what it is not than what it is. Most people think it is...
Social Security Part 1: The Problem
Social Security Part 1: The Problem By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND5/12/2005 NYT Op-Ed “Shameless Photo-Op” 4/7/2005 Summary of NYT Editorial: This anonymous Op-Ed piece criticizes President Bush for posing next to the file cabinet in the Bureau of Public Debt in...
The Metastasis of Moral Hazard and its Effect on Gold
The Metastasis Of Moral Hazard And Its Effect On Gold Stewart Dougherty 8/26/2009 Link to Original article: http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_08/dougherty082609.html To those who study the numbers, it is now obvious that America's fiscal situation is hopeless....
Bear Stearns and Full Disclosure
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 5/8/2010 What was the culpability of Wall Street leaders in the collapse? While Wall Street and the banking industry was not the source of the subprime mortgages, they bundled and sold them to unsuspecting investors as AAA rated investments....
This is why there are no jobs in America
By: Porter Stansberry Monday, May 23, 2011 http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/7742/Porter_Stansberry 10/8/2010, WND This Is Why There Are No Jobs in America I'd like to make you a business offer. Seriously, this is a real offer. In fact, you really can't turn me...
“The Communist Manifesto” – Humor
I am a visitor from another planet, which is not too hard to believe, as my critics will tell you without blushing. Upon landing from outer space, I encountered a fellow, Christian, who was wise in the ways of the world. I found his insights and observations about...
Benjamin Franklin and the Creation of Money
Benjamin Franklin was asked how he could explain the remarkable prosperity of the New England Colonies. Franklin replied: “Why, that is simple! In the Colonies, we issue our own paper money. It’s called ‘Colonial Scrip.’ We issue it to pay the government’s approved...
The Age of Robots
What happens to money, prices, wages, savings, possessions, work, and the purpose of life when the machines do everything for us?John, you are right, the robots will take over most jobs, eventually, but timeline is not clear yet. Taking over creativity will take...
Subscribe to my newsletter.